Welcome to our Website
General Business Meeting Dates
All Members Welcome
Next Meeting dates:
Dec. 6, 2017
Jan. 3, 2018
Feb. 7, 2018
- always 7:00 pm sharp -
Community room at 2 District York Regional Police,
171 Major Mackenzie Dr. Richmond Hill
(west of Yonge St.)
We Welcome Your Feedback
Have something of interest to share with our members?
Send us an email, with suggestions, photos, articles etc.
IPA Links of interest.
Check us out on Facebook
National and International Newsletters
Region 2 Roundup
News and Events
Police Officer Killed in Line of Duty
On Monday November 6, 2017 Const. John Davidson of Abbotsford, British Columbia, died in a gunfight as he responded to a vehicle theft complaint. Officer Davidson worked in policing for 24 years, ultimately with the Abbotsford Police Department.
They described Davidson as an "amazing colleague and friend" and "a dedicated police officer." He began his law enforcement career in the United Kingdom and was hired by the Abbotsford force in 2006. He leaves behind his wife and three adult children.
Region 2 extends heartfelt sympathies to the Davidson family, friends and colleagues at this most difficult time.
Region 2 Member attends Tribute for Veterans Event
The attached article from The Guardian, in Charlottetown on Ed Prebinski's exploits (abbreviated) is based on his Military Service. He was invited to the PEI Tribute for Veterans on November 9th, 2017 where the guest speaker was L.Gen Romeo Dallaire. Dallaire spoke about his experiences in Rwanda as a head of the United Nation Mission. Ed is a friend of Dallaire and a 35 year member of the IPA.
Sri Lanka Friendship Week
July 7 - 14, 2018
International Youth Gathering
August 6 - 19, 2018
United Kingdom Section
Every year young people from around the world, children and grandchildren of IPA members of between the ages of 16-18, are invited to visit another country and participate in an event that many will never forget - the IPA's International Youth Gathering (IYG). In 2018 the United Kingdom will be the host. The deadline for approval by IPA Canada is December 31, 2017, please ensure the Application and essay are submitted no later than December 10, 2017, to Region #2’s Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Line’s annual Best Dressed Police Vehicle Contest showcases innovative and effective designs for police vehicle graphics and equipment packages and installation, and shares those designs with the police community in Canada. These vehicles are often the most public face of policing and should reflect their communities as well as serve as a symbol of civic pride. The contest has four categories and recognizes one winner in each, except the Best Dressed Police Vehicle category, which also honours a runner-up.
Best Dressed Vehicle Categories
- Best Dressed Police Vehicle — featuring regular uniform patrol vehicles,
- Community Relations — promotional, drug awareness. recruiting or other non-patrol vehicles,
- Special Service — tactical, K9 or other specialty response unit,
- Law Enforcement — sheriff, campus or transit police/special constable,
- First Nations.
Please submit 3-6 photos (at least 5MB but the higher the better) to Blue Line's editor, Renée Francoeur, at email@example.com by September, 29, 2017. We prefer photos taken with a digital SLR or high-quality compact digital camera. Please submit photos of the exterior and interior.
Winners will be notified by late October and required to submit a more detailed entry package with text and high-resolution, quality photos (with at least one vertical shot) as the winner will be featured on our February 2018 cover.
April 28 - May 12, 2018
Bork, Germany Friendship
August 10th to 19th, 2018
Fall Fun Handgun Shoot
Thursday, October 12, 2017
Visits by IPA Members
Rione Bianco performing at Mississauga City Centre
Earlier this year Region 2 member Mustafa Popalzai was chosen to be one of two IPA Canada representatives at the 2017 IPA World Young Officers Seminar held in Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA, June 11 - 16, 2017.
Attached is his very favourable report on the event.
Many thanks to Marie and Joe Rizutti for opening their home to more than 100 participants in this year's Region 2 BBQ. The food was delicious and plentiful, the weather warm and the friendship warmer.
Special thanks to Elaine Hawkes for the custom made marvellous cake.
See more pictures under the Photo Gallery tab.
Wanted: Additional Members to the National Executive Bureau
The National Executive Bureau of IPA Canada is looking for volunteers to fill the following roles;
1) National Membership CoordinatorPosition Description• Retrieve all online membership applications for membership, submitted via thewebsite Review all application forms and liaise with applicants for accuracy.• Forward all applications to the respective regions for processing• Liaise with Regional membership coordinators• Assist Regional membership coordinators with application process as necessary• Maintain an updated list of regional membership coordinators.2) Treasurer Social AffairsPosition Description• Assist the Treasurer Finances as internal auditor,• Administer various funds and liaise with regions during events requiring nationalsupport and/or guidance.• Assist the treasurer finances• Overseeing partnerships with national sponsors on a project basis• Review PR activities in relation to IPA Canada aims and objectives.• Collect and check the expenses of the Officers and Directors.• Ensure the financial follow-up of IYG, WYPOS, the AT Scholarship program and IPACanada contests winners• Manage the miscellaneous financial contributions of the treasury• Report annually about his field of activityIf you are interested in these positions please contact the National Secretary General at firstname.lastname@example.org